Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Viva la France!


Yes, I'm well aware that Bastille Day has come and gone, but with the heat wave we were experiencing here over the last few weeks, getting outside to finish up a spray paint project just wasn't going to happen. And the project I needed to finish was my fleur de lis sconces. They were a thrift store purchase (of course) - I think $3 for the pair, maybe $4 - as a self-proclaimed Francophile, I couldn't leave "ces bébés" behind. They were shiny brass and the arms were loose (no biggie to tighten up with the screw on the back).


After scuffing them up with sand paper, I put on a coat or two of Rustoleum's Heirloom White,


but decided it was too bright and shiny to go alongside the antique white picture frame I planned to flank with them, so I changed course and went with the oil rubbed bronze I had left over from the sunflower mirror makeover.

So here they are, finished and hung. One down, 19 to go.



Pssst. I'm linking up to Between Naps on the Porch's Metamorphosis Monday blog party. Hope on over and take a look at all the inspiring projects.



1 comment:

Sharkara Jain said...

NiCe Work! and I also loved your Smurfy gets a friend post..may be will try a make over like that soon...Also Many thanks for visiting me and leaving me a comment, hope to see you again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...