Sunday, December 18, 2011

More Christmas-ing

Just a quick post to share a bit more Christmas-ifying that took place around here. I didn't go all out this year, just didn't have the energy for all the wrapping and unwrapping of stuff, but I did want to dress up my china hutch once I got the Halloween stuff packed away. I went with a sort of natural, woodland theme this year, using a few of my Currier and Ives houses (love these because they're based on real (or real-looking) structures and fit with my love of architecture), some newly acquired owl ornaments, a straw ornament garland (piled up in a footed glass bowl) picked up from the Animal Lifeline thrift, and some flocked thrift store deer. I stuck in some white pine sprigs from a branch that was down in our community. Pictures were done at night, so not great, but I don't see finding the time to redo them.




For the center of my table I pulled out two silver ice buckets I'd thrifted over the summer. The plan was to fill them with oasis and then greenery, but I bought the wrong type of foam (dry foam, doesn't hold water) so just went with the jumbo pine cones I had on hand, some sprigs of white pine and Douglas fir and after I took the pictures I added some silver glittery reindeer from Dollar General. The purplish red candles were the ones I used at Halloween.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...