Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween Door Decor: Take 2

When it comes to seasonal and holiday decorating, I don't feel the need to reinvent the wheel every year just for the sake of doing something "different." Sometimes inspiration strikes, and sometimes I loved what I did last year and will recreate it or tweak it just a bit. So with that in mind, this year I just built on last year's front door arrangement.


I couldn't find the gold ribbon I'd used before, so I left it out. My pumpkin had a cute curled stem that I didn't want to cover, so I stuck some branches in the back and propped my crow on those, and I added a second pumpkin - a vertical one to offset the round fat one in the bucket - to the side. Initially I'd planned to hang some vintage Halloween photos from the branches, but decided that would be too busy, so I'll maybe find another way to use those. Even without the gold ribbon, I think this turned out just perfect and I think I like it better than last year's version thanks to the height and interest added by the branches.

Pssst. I'm linking up to the following Halloween blog parties. Stop on over and see all the great ideas for a spooktacular Halloween.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...