Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Small Mirror, Big Impact

Cameron Place Dresser from JC Penney

I bought a new dresser this winter. It had an optional matching mirror, but I wasn't crazy about the lattice, and I already had what I thought was a large mirror in a similar finish, so I planned to just use that.

When the eagerly awaited dresser was delivered (and kudos to JC Penney for FABULOUS delivery and customer service) my formerly large mirror was dwarfed by this thing. The traditional centered horizontal placement was just NOT going to work. So, what I decided to do was to center it vertically over one half of the dresser and then fill in the rest of the space with other elements, creating a centered, balanced whole out of the smaller parts.

Mirror Arrangement


To the left of the mirror I hung two melamine lattice print square plastic plates from Target. These three elements together were basically centered over the dresser and created the anchor of the design. To the left of the plates I placed a lamp and to the right of the mirror I hung two small frames which I made into art using a few cheap supplies from the craft store. I’m pretty pleased with how the whole thing turned out. What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...