Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Bell Jar

I’ve always loved the little bell jars or cloches you see everywhere – I think I probably first spotted them in an issue of Martha Stewart Living, but so far they’ve been elusive to me in my thrifting expeditions and new ones are often quite pricey. What I do find a lot of are the bell shaped candle holders that normally hang in an iron framework – either wall mounted or with little legs – so I decided to make my own little bell jar.


I grabbed a square glass bauble from a stash of vase filler, bought a $3 tube of glue for glass


and stuck it on. Tada!


So easy and pretty cute. The glue claims it is dishwasher safe, but I’ll just hand wash this little guy – not that I don’t trust the manufacturer, but the idea of a big marble-like object getting loose in the dishwasher with all my dishes is not my idea of a good time.

P.S. Excuse my pretty crappy photos – I’ve yet to learn how to use the camera correctly, it’s on my list. It really bugs me how stuff looks so cute to my eye and I can’t convey that with indoor photography at all. I got as far as pulling the manual out of the box, only to realize it was the Spanish version. So now I’m on the hunt for the English version.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...